So I guess you can gather that the quilt is done. It took me a little longer because I could not help myself and stitch up 'Lucky Summer' in between but it was worth it. This quilt includes a lot of fabric that are rather precious to me and I finally really love it after some initial hick ups.
So here it is in all its glory.
For about two years now I had in my stash this wonderful bright Philip Jacobs print 'Geranium' in duck egg which I saved for something special. I always wanted to use it as a quilt back on a quilt that would feature mostly green floral prints but when I was working on the top of 'Botanica' it became quickly clear that 'Geranium' was made for this so I decided to cut into it.
For this quilt I made big strides into two of my most favourite floral prints and whilst I was agonising over it while I was cutting, I am now really glad that I did it and the fabric looks so much better in use rather than sitting on the shelf and gathering dust.
I quilted in a petal pattern/orange peel pattern because I wanted to emphasis the floral feel of it. This I did with my walking foot and not free motion and it really was very easy to do.
I used two different variegated Gueterman Sulky thread, the greenish one (no 4125) for the back and the greyish (no 4028) for the front.
I wanted something really bright and cheerful for the binding that complements both the front and the back and found this Kaffe Fasset Fuchsia Dot in my stash and luckily my local quilt shop Tikki had still some in stock as I would not have had enough otherwise.
The quilt measures 60 by 72 inches (1.52 x 1.82 m) and the perfect sofa size. Well, I better get on that sofa with it then.....