Wednesday, 1 February 2012

A stitch in colour i-pad cover


The second piece of holiday sewing was my new i-pad cover and what better to use for this then Malka Dubrawsky's new fabric collection I featured in my last stash note.

This took a while to make but it was well worth it. I so love this cover. It is bright, cheerful and really stands out.

 For the front I made an improve log cabin block. Can you see how I included the selvedge with the fabric name ?



The back shows more improve piecing where I pieced 4 rectangular blocks first before piecing them together. I quilted in circular motion using my 50 weight Aurifil thread for the first time for quilting. I normally prefer a weightier thread for quilting such as my favourite Gueterman Sulky 30 but I think for smaller pieces like this a thinner thread might actually be better.

Back

The lining is a lovely spotted red and white number left over from sewing my newphew's Advent Calender.  To close I simply used a hair elastic and a nice button.


 And here you see how nicely the i-pad fits.
 

I used the excellent tutorial from 'One Shabby Chick' though I somewhat reduced the measurement as I found the dimension a bit on the roomy side.

8 comments:

  1. well done it looks great...watch out it does not dissapear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is gorgeous and so fresh and modern! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo this is right up my street, love the scrappiness and the improv x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them and will answer every question you have on my projects. But I have a very busy daytime job and am therefore not able to thank each and every comment. Please don't be offended if I won't reply.