Saturday 15 January 2011

Monty's Urban Circus

...quilt is done. Have a look !

It turned out wonderfully I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

Fabric used:  Urban Circus by Laurie Wisbrun and Kona Cotton.
Wadding: Quilter's Dream
Quilting: Combination of machine and hand quilting
Quilting thread: Gueterman Sulky 30 in grey and No 16 Perle in orange (833) and Petrol (902)
Size: 33 x 43 inches

This is the first finished quilt for which I used my new machine. I machine quilted around the sashing hand quilted within the blocks. The machine quilting is fantastic and I would have never thought I enjoy it so much and it really does save a lot of time. But more about that when I report back on the finished Cranberry Crush quilt that is almost done.

The back of the quilt is a combination of leftovers from cutting the front fabric and large stripes of the Kona in Caribbean and School bus. Both colours are wonderful and I can't get enough of the Caribbean green. The other colours are Chocolate, Baby Pink or Dusty Peach and Ash for the sashing.

I love the binding. I used the stripy fabric for it and it looks like little teeth holding onto the quilt.

All what's to be hoped for now is the my neighbours like it.

I already blogged about this quilt here

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I love reading them and will answer every question you have on my projects. But I have a very busy daytime job and am therefore not able to thank each and every comment. Please don't be offended if I won't reply.